Guide to taking some medicines
• Fat-reducing agents such as atorvastatin: Avoid using grapefruit.
• Blood pressure lowering agents such as losartan and captopril: Avoid using grapefruit.
• Ciprofloxacin: Avoid dairy products 2 hours before and after medication. This drug should not be used with theophylline.
• Prednisolone: It is recommended to reduce salt intake and also to consume more potassium-containing foods such as bananas
• Theophylline: Avoid caffeinated drinks such as coffee and high protein products
• Warfarin: Consume a stable amount of Vitamin K-rich foods such as vegetables such as lettuce, spinach, celery, broccoli, ginger, garlic, grapefruit, liver
• Digoxin: It is better to reduce grapefruit intake and also to consume high fiber content such as vegetables and fruits or protein. Avoid too much such as meat, dairy and eggs
• Antacid drugs are best for food or Use 1 hour after meals for longer duration
• Enteric coated formulations such as aspirin 80 should not be taken immediately after a meal or with milk or antacids.